2018 is here and our list of national department retail stores that will price match their competitors has grown and is currently up to 25. Price matching has become one of our favorite ways to save money especially during the holiday rush. Keep in mind, however, that many retailers suspend their price match guarantees during Black Friday and Cyber Monday due to the steep level of discounts available.
Here’s our updated list and links to their current policy language (and limitations) as it relates to price matching (updated April 2018):
1. Walmart – We’re committed to providing low prices everyday, on everything. So if you find a lower price from an online retailer on an identical, in-stock product, tell us and we’ll match it. Additionally, if you recently bought something from Walmart.com and it is now listed at a lower price, let us know.
2. Target – We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad. Price matches may be requested at time of purchase or within 14 days after purchase.
3. Toys R Us (Babies R Us) – Unfortunately Toys R Us is closing its doors and no longer offers price matching.
4. Dicks Sporting Goods – If you find a lower price, we’ll match it. The DICK’S Sporting Goods Best Price Guarantee means we won’t be beat by a qualifying retailer’s price offered in their store or on their website. You’ll always get the lowest price and collect SCORECARD points on the biggest brands and latest styles. Make sure the product you want to price match is the same brand, model number and color that a qualifying retailer is offering. Present the qualifying retailer’s ad or website to a DICK’S in-store associate. We’ll verify the product for the price match right there.
5. Hobby Lobby – We do honor competitors’ ads in-store if a specific price is listed and we stock the exact same item. However, we do not honor competitors’ “percent off” ads or coupons. We exclude all Holiday door buster ads, Cricut, Silhouette, Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Simplicity & McCall’s patterns, clearance, and closeout items from this policy. Sorry, competitors’ ads are not honored online.
6. Bob’s Stores (Sporting Goods) – Bob’s Stores is proud to offer a Price Match Guarantee at both our retail stores and online at Bobstores.com. At our retail stores, we’ll match a local competitor’s advertised price on in-stock products. … If you are ordering online, we’ll match any authorized retailer’s advertised price on in-stock products.
7. Staples – How does Staples’ price–match guarantee work? If you find a lower price on a new identical item, just show us the lower price when you buy the item at Staples and we will match the price, or within 14 days of your Staples purchase and we will give you the difference.
8. Office Depot (Office Max) – If you find a lower price on a new identical item on OfficeDepot.com at the time of purchase or within 14 days of your purchase, show us the lower price and Office Depot or OfficeMax stores will match the price or refund you the difference.
9. Best Buy – At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com. We match BestBuy.com prices on in-store purchases and in-store prices on BestBuy.com purchases. If we lower our in-store or online price during the return and exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request. Our Price Match Guarantee covers new items (excludes clearance and open-box items). One price match per identical item, per customer, at the current pre-tax price available to all customers is allowed.
10. Fry’s Electronics – If within 30 days of purchasing an item from a Fry’s Electronics store you see a lower current price at a local authorized competitor, or from an authorized Internet competitor, Fry’s will cheerfully refund 110% of the difference.
11. Lowes – If you find a lower price on an identical item at a local or online retail competitor (including shipping and delivery fees), just bring us the competitor’s current ad or show a printout, photo, smartphone display or app, and we’ll match their price. Our price match policy doesn’t apply to certain brands; installation labor; closeout, discontinued, clearance, refurbished, used or damaged items. Limited to reasonable quantities. Can’t be combined with other discounts. Additional restrictions apply. See a sales associate or Lowes.com/pricematch for details.
12. Home Depot – How the Low Price Guarantee works for in-store purchases: If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any retailer, we will match the price and beat it by 10%. Just bring the ad, printout or photo with you to the register for validation. (This may involve the associate contacting the competitor).
13. Sears – Retail Competitors – Stores. If you find a lower price on an identical brand and model number currently available for sale at another local competitor’s retail store, Sears will match that price. Just bring in the original advertisement to a sales associate at the time of your purchase.
14. Bed Bath and Beyond – The item cannot be a clearance/closeout/sale item or similar Bed Bath & Beyond does not match prices on clearance items, closeouts, liquidation sales or pricing errors. … You may use a coupon together with a price match ONLY if the competitor would also accept the coupon at the price being matched.
15. JC Penney – If you find a lower current advertised price on an identical item within 14 days after purchase at a competitor, just bring the ad to a JCPenney store and we’ll beat that price by 5%.
16. Kohl’s – Yes! Kohl’s will match a competitor’s in-store price for an identical product sold in Kohl’s stores. Just bring a copy of the competitor’s ad with the current date on it to your nearest Kohl’s Department Store (make sure the ad includes a description of the item and the competitor’s retail or sale price).
17. JoAnn Fabric – Please see your local JOANN Store location for their posted Price Match Pledge. joann.com® will match prices when the following conditions are met: Applies to identical, in-stock item only. Price to match must have been advertised within the past 7 days. Includes ads for competitors. Requires proof of lower price via original/current ad or print-out of online price. Excludes special buys, liquidations, doorbusters and club purchase
18. Michaels – If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any brick-and-mortar retailer, or any of the online retailers listed below, we will match that price, and then beat it by 10%. (Bring the ad, printout or photo with you to the register for validation. If you find a current lower price at the time of purchase or within 7 days of your purchase we will adjust the price. We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.) The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
Unfortunately, we cannot stack other coupons, from Michaels or other retailers, on top of prices reduced as a result of the Low Price Guarantee.
19. PetSmart – If you find a product that’s in stock at a PetSmart store for a lower price at a competitor’s store (excluding competitors’ online sites and catalogs), PetSmart will match the price as long as the identical product is in stock at our store.
20. Petco – If you find a lower price for an identical item at any competitor’s store, we’ll gladly match it. Petco and Unleashed by Petco stores will also match regular and sale prices (excluding Repeat Delivery* pricing) found on petco.com and unleashedbypetco.com. However, we do not match other online sellers and/or websites.
21. Nordstrom – We are committed to offering you the best possible prices. If you find an item that we offer, in the same color and size, in stock at a similar retailer, we’ll be glad to meet a competitor’s price. Please call 1.888.282.6060 to place your order.
We are unable to match prices from auction, outlet and discount stores, non-U.S.-based stores and websites. Other retailers’ discount promotions, shipping offers and gift card offers are also not eligible.
22. Bass Pro Shops – We are glad to price match with competitors! Competitor price matching requests will be granted if the prices are current, dated and nationally advertised. The following exceptions are applicable: All conditions on competitor’s ad will apply (i.e. limited quantities, special purchases.). Items to be price matched must be an exact match (i.e. color, pattern, model size, and year.). Bass Pro Shops will not honor prices on closeouts, clearance items, inventory reductions, special buys, discontinued, or reconditioned merchandise. Website prices will only be honored from established retail companies that are open to the public and have a physical address. Bass Pro Shops will not honor supply companies, wholesale, clearance outlets, manufacturer’s sales or membership clubs (Sam’s, Costco). We will not match private label merchandise. We will not honor “buy one, get one free” offers. We will not honor free bonus offers. We will not honor rebates. We will not backorder any out-of-stock item. We will not honor any reduced or free shipping offers. Publication errors of any kind will not be matched.
All price matches must be verifiable; a verifiable copy of the ad, complete with store name, sale dates, and model number of item must be faxed (417-873-5060) or mailed to us-Bass Pro Shops, Attn: Customer Service, 2500 E Kearney, Springfield, MO 65898
Price match requests may also be emailed to email@example.com. Please include a screenshot of the item or the URL (web address) where the item was located. This can be done in lieu of submitting via fax/mail.
Request for price match must be received prior to end of competitor’s sale.
Orders can be price matched within 30 days of purchase.
All price matches are subject to approval.
23. buybuy Baby – buybuy BABY does not match prices on clearance items, closeouts, liquidation sales or pricing errors. … You may use a coupon together with a price match ONLY if the competitor would also accept the coupon at the price being matched. We will accept manufacturer’s coupons with a price match.
24. Eastern Mountain Sports – We’re proud to offer a Price Match Guarantee at both our retail stores and online. We’ll match any authorized retailer’s – those in the Outdoor & Sporting Goods industry and with both brick & mortar and online operations – advertised price on in-stock products. The product must be the same size, color, and model year. Marketplace sites, flash sale sites and online liquidation sites to not apply. Contact customer service team member to order.
25. West Marine – As a West Marine or West Marine Pro Customer, if you find a lower price on an identical product (brand and model) currently in stock at a retail store located within 50 miles, West Marine will match that price (excluding shipping/handling charges or taxes) within 30 days of purchase, subject to the exclusions discussed below.
Step 1: Visit your local West Marine Store or call us at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464) and let your West Marine Associate know that you have a price match item to discuss.
Step 2: Provide the name of the competitor. Also, be prepared to provide the address, item number, and base price of the item.
Step 3: Please wait while the Associate confirms the price and in-stock availability of the item.
Step 4: Once confirmed, we will gladly match such competitor’s price as set forth above.
How exactly does price matching work? While each of the above listed retailers will price match under the terms shown the actual process may vary from store-to-store. We have found that most stores will allow their clerks to lower an item’s price during checkout with little to no effort. We have also found that other stores require a manager’s approval or that the price match process occurs only at the customer service desk. In either case you will need to show proof that an item is available at a lower price somewhere else and this is where having a handy dandy smartphone makes this super easy. It’s as easy as 1-2-3. Find the item cheaper, show the clerk your phone and they override the price.
So, before you even think of paying full price when shopping always check for a better deal through a competitor and take advantage of what these stores are offering. Not doing so is just leaving more of your money on the table when it will be better served in your pocket. Happy hunting!
Did you know that Amazon now has coupons for hundreds of items – see what savings they have available HERE.
Looking for more coupons? Click HERE to see a list of our online coupon resources.